Update 20/10/2015

Posted on

Well, I’m more or less done on my Jambonium One theme. I’ve styled every page that I can see (think I’m missing the non-custom post format templates, but I don’t foresee myself using those) and I’m pretty happy with how everything looks.

The things that I’m most pleased with are:

  • I’ve made a plugin (so that I can have a custom post type)
  • I’ve made widgets to replace some of the defaults that didn’t quite look how I wanted
  • I’ve styled my written portfolio to appear more or less like the original websites I wrote the pieces for (and enabled myself to add others should the need arise)

The major thing that I need to work on is making the theme work for mobiles and non-widescreen monitors. I believe I’ve set everything up so this shouldn’t be an issue, but I’m sure there’ll be something that crops up to make things more difficult.

I also need to look at the translations for the theme. The Theme Check plugin keeps telling me off about it.

Other than that, I think it’s just making sure everything is how it should be.

I’m really chuffed with my progress. I wanted to be done by the end of the month, but I’m done before that (and in time to start my FutureLearn course without distractions).