Who I am
Hello, my name is Michelle-Louise and welcome to my blog and portfolio.
Born in Lancashire but brought up in Norfolk, I am forever conflicted with how to pronounce words such as bath, grass and glass. I am a firm believer that scone rhymes with gone, though.
My university years were spent in Liverpool, where I discovered my love of Warhammer. And although my degree didn’t send me towards the career in web design I was after, it did lead me to the games industry where I made some amazing friends.
I currently live in Norfolk with my partner and two cats.
What I do
I am a skilled and experienced content creator with over ten years’ experience creating multimedia documents for audiences of all skill levels.
I am experienced in writing copy for and designing the layout of documents that meet a wide variety of goals. Whether these items are for online or offline purposes, my work is firmly aimed at informing and guiding users no matter their level of experience.
I specialise in training documents, how-to guides and tutorials, particularly in the software and gaming space. From social media to news posts; emails to product pages; tutorials and how-to guides to press releases – I have created instructional content for a multitude of purposes and platforms.
A sample of my work is available in my written work showcase.
What I’m working on
Currently I am working on an interactive map set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
This is an ongoing project of mine to create a map showing the movements of various factions and characters during the Horus Heresy (792.M30 to 014.M31).
The map is created with the Leaflet.js library and its progress is documented within my blog.
What I dabble in
When I’m not working, or expanding my map project, you’ll often find me doing something creative, climbing or playing video games.
Latest blog posts
- Pig SkirtI’ve just completed my first attempt at a rectangle skirt. For my first attempt at a rectangle skirt, I returned […] Read the full article Welcome
- Small Map UpdateI’ve just published two small changes to my interactive map project. The changes came from an email I received from […] Read the full article Welcome
- Wallace & Gromit SkirtI’ve just finished another circle skirt made from an old duvet cover of mine. The duvet cover was not as […] Read the full article Welcome
- Tom & Jerry SkirtI have just completed the creation of a circle skirt using a duvet cover from my childhood and I’m really […] Read the full article Welcome
- The Galaxy DressI have completed my first ever dress and it even survived its first meeting with a washing machine! I used […] Read the full article Welcome
- Warhammer 40K Map UpdateA large amount of time has passed since my last update, but I have an update to my interactive Warhammer […] Read the full article Welcome