I’ve not long since finished working on a pair of skinny jeans using the Deer and Doe Safran pattern. I did make a mockup for these, but it was in a completely different fabric so this only helped me with practicing the construction rather than the fit. I ended up picking the biggest size the […]

I’ve just uploaded a new version of the 40k map with around 800 more locations, taking the total to over 6500. Settings Control I’ve changed the way the settings control looks both in terms of the expanded view and the icon. The icon is now a cog (which is more reflective of a settings menu). […]

I’ve just published a small change to the Warhammer map project. Performance These changes should hopefully improve its performance slightly. It’s still not quick by any means, but I’ve sped it up a small amount. Changes I’ve made in this regard are to load the various features of the map in small chunks, and not […]

For Christmas presents this year I decided to make everyone some scarves. Well, I said the word scarf when I was talking to Tom about the idea, but I actually meant the snood. The mixup with words kept happening whenever I talked about my progress with him. And to make matters worse the word buff […]

I’ve updated my Warhammer 40k map to finally fulfil the purpose I created it for: to display a timeline of events that occurred during and lead to the Horus Heresy. The map can still be used to see all the planets and regions within the galaxy at the time, but now it has a timeline […]

I’m finally getting around to blogging about another attempt at clothes. This time it’s a pair of climbing shorts based on a design from the company Black Diamond. These particular pair of shorts were a bit too small for my partner, and he had ripped a hole in the seat at some point. I didn’t […]

I’ve just completed another sewing project! I used Sew Over It’s “Elsie” pattern for this dress and the fabric was from a set of curtains that a work colleague had given to me for dressmaking practice. I’d not used this pattern before and as I hadn’t made anything that had princess seams in it nor […]

I’ve just completed my first attempt at a rectangle skirt. For my first attempt at a rectangle skirt, I returned to Angela Clayton’s YouTube channel and watched her rectangle skirt tutorial. It looked like it would give me the same silhouette as a circle skirt does but without the complicated hemming involved. Angela recommended the […]

I’ve just published two small changes to my interactive map project. The changes came from an email I received from a Christopher Wadey who had come across my map while researching for his own project. Search Christopher’s first suggestion, or rather question to see if it was possible, was a search feature. I hadn’t thought […]

I’ve just finished another circle skirt made from an old duvet cover of mine. The duvet cover was not as old as the last one, but still had a copyright year of 1989 so it’s no spring chicken. I used the same pattern from my previous skirt but had to do some tinkering to get […]